Hoders Pty Ltd T/A H. W. Holdsworth Rewards & Recognition
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are at all times aware of the current policy. This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.
If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however it may affect your use of this website or any products and services offered on it.
Collection of personal information
We may ask you to provide the following information:
- job title;
- contact information, including email address;
- demographic information such as address, postcode, preferences and interests; and
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or promotions.
We do not collect sensitive information about visitors to our website.
As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
We may contact you to voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or market research to seek your opinion and feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
If we receive your personal information from third parties, we will protect it as set out in this Policy.
Use of personal information
We collect and use the personal information for purposes including:
- to better understand your needs, enabling us to improve our products and services;
- for internal record keeping;
- to circulate promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting;
- direct marketing;
- to contact you (by telephone, email, fax or mail) for market research purposes; and
- to customise the website according to your interests.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information:
- for the purpose of providing services to customers;
- to credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities where customers fail to pay for goods or services provided by us to them;
- to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
- to third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located outside of Australia.
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where we have sought to maintain confidentiality.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- when registering your gift, do not check the box that indicates you allow the information to be used for direct marketing purposes; and
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in a promotional email.
We will not use information collected on the Request Form, Payments, Help and Contact forms for direct marketing purposes.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you please write to PO Box 175, Ashburton, Victoria, 3147, Australia or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond within a reasonable time. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
If you believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at email@example.com. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time and will endeavour to promptly correct any personal information found to be incorrect so that the personal information is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org setting out details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
Storage and Security
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
You will be notified of an eligible data breach as soon as practicable, where an eligible data breach is one that is likely to result in serious harm to any of the individuals to whom the information relates.
Cookies & Web Beacons
We may use web beacons on this Site from time to time. Web beacons or clear .gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
Amendments to this policy
This policy may be amended from time to time. Your continued use of our website following any such amendments will be deemed to be confirmation that you accept those amendments.